When users call for support, throw them a SupportLine!
Video Demonstration (5 mins.)
SupportLine enables your team to isolate where and why application, network and Endpoint problems occur. Its capabilities provide the tools and troubleshooting required for supporting fixed and mobile endpoints talking to hosted applications.
1) Send the user a SupportLine link
2) The user opens it up on any device
3) Your team instantly gets a live Cloud Route Analysis
Diagnostics are run between the cloud hosted application environment and the endpoint to provide an analysis of how base level packets are traversing the open internet. Hop by hop information includes the following:
- IP Address
- Host Name
- Geographic location
- Packet Loss
- Mean Opinion Score
4) Next, run a Throughput Test
SupportLine initiates an upstream and downstream test directly from the endpoint to your applications, rather than a generic test to some place like speedtest.net.
5) Click on the endpoint tab for device and OS information
6) For more advanced tools, request for the user to click the “Allow Diagnostics” in their browser
Once this has been clicked, the user can minimize the browser and go back to being productive.
7) Your team can now get deeper information about the endpoint in question
8) Test Application performance from the endpoint, like Video quality tests
9) View streaming endpoint resource utilization
- CPU Utilization
- Memory Consumption
- Disk Capacity
10) Use the virtual task manager to view and kill services
11) Look at network interfaces
12) Net Utils provides the most useful command line utilities
These tests run in the background on the endpoint results are visible as the come in by clicking the View button:
- Raw socket tests
- Web tests
- Net stat to see what ports are being bound to
Everything you would do on the endpoint device anyway but without needing screen share. If all the built in tools aren’t good enough then use the integrated screen share (but you likely won’t need to).
13) Click Setup Remote Session
A secure tunnel is then created wherein you can launch your favorite remote access tool to connect to the endpoint. By securely routing you in a firewall friendly way, you get to use your favorite tools and technologies without bypassing inherent security policies.
Troubleshooting endpoints is all about isolating the issue. For most providers, they need to prove the problem is not on their side. Screen share is ok, but most of the time you need network, application and operating system tools to figure it out. SupportLine is the first solution to integrate all of this into a lightweight deployment that empowers your team to deliver great support.